As my battered body struggles to get back into some kind of regular eating and sleeping pattern, it’s time to get some of this out of my head before it’s gone forever. Suncebeat 3 was BIG !
I already outlined my thoughts about the event here after attending for the first time last year. This year I was looking forward to checking out the new venue after the location changed to Tisno.
Boy, what a new venue it is !
I’d love to give you a blow-by-blow account of what went down during the week I was there, but I know there would be a lot of gaps.. so here are some bullet points about just a FEW of the highlights I remember as well as some of the photos I took myself. I think I must be on about 1000 photos from that last week ! I’m probably sober in 3 of them.
- Non-stop laughter with some of my best friends in the world
- The amazing music
- The breathtaking location
- Getting to know some DJs a bit better and also catching up with so many new VB members excited for September
- Hearing some amazing DJs playing some serious music
- Dancing until the sun came up in the outdoor nightclub
- Getting so many kind words about all my sets
- No air-con in my hotel room
- Wondering why people kept telling me they thought I was gay, then walking around with my vest wrapped around my neck all night touching up the lads.
- That pesky flower bed
- Not being able to say no to constant pints of Cider in the afternoon
- Having to have my photo taken all the time with pretty ladies
- The journey home
- Not having the energy or desire to write a proper review
If you would like to hear a proper review, be sure to check out next week’s Vocal Booth Radio Show, when I’ll share some tunes that might help to jog my memory. I might even decide to share the gay photos by then too.
P.S – I love gay people…. I just couldn’t manage a full one !
P.P.S – Make sure you read my review from last year…. it probably could have been written for this year too !!
Was an epic week, thanks for the review and for the memories! See you soon mate.
Great review and pictures Andy had me lol-ing!
Fab review with nice pic! Was great seeing you again and enjoyed your sets a lot! See you at VB. :))
You paint such a great picture of your loved up state… I can just imagine the physical and mental pain you endured having to write that review after a big one. Had a giggle!
Nice pics and looking fwd to hearing your accounts in person next time of this event…it seems so surreal that it did actually happen! see you out and about 🙂
looking forward to 2013. me and the misses will be making our debut at Suncebeat!!