I had a bit of a brain wave the other day. It hurt a little. It concerns those lovely pieces of large black vinyl one or two of you may own. It’s probably been done before, but never by us !
I put out a call to arms on Facebook looking for vinyl lovers and was met with over 70 likes and comments, so I know we have a good base to start with and this could grow beyond our immediate network of friends and cover all genres.
I don’t want to give the game away too much at this point but I want you to do the following;
- Go to your record collection and pick out 15 tunes you really like. They don’t have to be classics or well-known but if that’s how you want to select them, choose whatever you want.
- Put them into your order of preference, with your ‘least favourite’ first, so a reverse chart, so to speak.
- List the 15 records in the comments section below, numbered 1 to 15, obviously. Clearly mark them as follows; artist – title (mix) – label – year (if possible).
- Music style can be of any genre, and span a variety of genres if you want
- This is only going to work if you list music you physically own and have put to one side
- It is only for VINYL and not CDs
- The more non-DJs we get, the better !
I am in the process of putting a website together purely for this project.
Get typing !!